Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Has it really been this long?!

I am really amazed that it has taken me this long to continue with this project. The main reason that it has taken me this long (and it's been very hard to come to grips with) is the fact that despite what scans, lab results and doctors have said...I guess I was hoping that if I ignored it, it would go away.
Yes...I am an adult who is a nurse as well who thought, in the back of her mind, that ignoring this serious illness would starve it to death and I would be healed! That would have been nice...very nice indeed. But nope, no such luck. It was difficult for me to understand that that is what I was doing on a subconscious level. Despite not liking the situation, I have come to terms with the cards I have been dealt with and I am trying my best to do all I can to help myself through it all. Not to say that I can do it all by myself. No...not at all. I have my wonderful God who has helped me through some of the toughest situations that I would have never thought I would have encountered. He has put awesome people in my path who have made my life better.
A lot has happened since 2009. One of the main events in my life is that I had a son, Eli, born June 2010. He will be 3 years old soon and is the light of my world. His smile melts away any stress I may be having.



He helps me not to think of the present, but of the future and how bright it will be. My husband, son and I recently moved back to our hometown, closer to our family and friends. It's amazing how a child can come and change everything. Eli is the reason we moved back to southern California and he is the reason we then moved even closer to our family and friends. Seeing him flourish is our goal and so far he is doing just that. :)
I will not try to update 4 years of my life on one post, I will do it slowly and maybe eventually I will be caught up.

God Bless





No comments:

Post a Comment