Monday, April 6, 2009

Adventures in acupuncture

Taken from journal
Date: February 26, 2009

So yesterday I went to see my doctor because my hip and leg have still been hurting. I told her I thought that I had brusitis due to the pain in my right trochanter. She concurred with me and was excited because she said that brusitis is better treatable then sciatica which is what we first thought my pain was. I received a lovely shot of lidocaine and a steroid to my right trochanter.
I then went to my appointment with the acupuncturist.


I wasn't so bad. She put a lot of needles in my hands, legs, feet, back and even one in my head! After she put the needles I had to lay there for 20-30 minutes without moving. I first thought that would be a very hard task but I ended up taking a wonderful nap. I felt good afterwards, I had better range of motion to my right leg; whether it was the injection to my right trochanter or the acupuncture I don't know and frankly don't care all I cared was that it felt better.


No comments:

Post a Comment