Friday, April 17, 2009

Going to the dogs...

Not feeling well enough to go back to work, my doctor and I decided to extend my disability a couple more weeks. Having to go through all the paper work sucks so bad though! Almost makes you want to go to work regardless of the symptoms. Why do hospitals and doctors offices make it so difficult sometimes, it can get so frustrating!

I decided to look up the meaning of disability in my favorite dictionary (dictionary.com) and this is what disability means :

1. lack of adequate power, strength, or physical or mental ability; incapacity.
2. a physical or mental handicap, esp. one that prevents a person from living a full, normal life or from holding a gainful job.

Wow! Talk about bringing you down to reality. Harsh words dictionary.com! It's so hard not to get consumed in the meaning of the word when I am living it right now, but I am determined not to. I try to be optimistic and happy and squeeze the happiness out of everyday. My dogs are a life saver right now. They make me laugh and focus on something else besides the pain. Lola, my new puppy is so cute, sassy, fiesty, funny and adorable. She makes me laugh with all her antics and her discoveries courtesy of our back yard.

It was hard at first having both her and Pogo, our dog of 2 years, because they used to fight and be so jealous of any affections the other would get, but they are getting used to each other and have become best friends. Didn't take long though because exactly 1 week today Lola came into our family. Lola has helped Pogo act like a younger pup and play a lot more. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment